We’re looking for a back-end developer to join our team of coders, creatives and entrepreneurs in our brand-new city-centre office.
We’re open to hiring those with wide-range of tech skills and experience but ideally you can tick of most of the essentials:
- Excellent engineering and problem solving skills
- An exceptional understanding of the web and its protocols
- Proficient in at least one of the following: Ruby, PHP or Python
- The desire to learn new languages and skills
- A good understanding of databases
- Proven development experience in industry
- Ability to demonstrate your passion for development through the stuff you’ve built
Some of these are a bit niche, so don’t worry if you can’t tick them off. We work with lots of different technologies and there will be plenty of opportunities to learn on the job if they come up!
- Understanding of various server technologies such as AWS, Ansible, Docker
- React and React Native
- Happy in communicating with clients in writing, online and face to face
We work with some brilliant startups, working on projects with real purpose – including OLIO, the app that’s tackling global food waste – and try to ensure we’re only working with corporate businesses when our values truly align.
For you this will mean working with some talented and passionate people – and influencing both the design and function of products that have huge positive potential for both people and planet.
You can see some of our other projects and startups on the Simpleweb Portfolio page.
We love nothing more than to nurture talent and respect that different brains work in different ways. That said, you’ll regularly find us experimenting with new ways of doing things and our ears will always prick up at your ideas, big or small.
You’ll find that the team has some wide-ranging personal interests too so, when we’re not geeking out about tech and design, we’re never short of mind-expanding topics to mull over.
We’re not all words and no substance though and have recently been awarded the accolade of Employer of the Year by the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) for our commitment to team culture and personal development.
Come and be a part of it all!
Benefits and Perks
- Fair salary reflecting experience
- Regular team trips and socials
- 4 o’clock office drinks on a Friday
- Non-Christian holidays respected
- An opportunity to gain from Simpleweb’s investments through our Investment Profit Share Shares
- Private medical insurance
- Shared parental leave & pay policy
- Personal development/ conference budget
- Opportunity for sabbatical
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
If you like the sound of this, get in touch with your CV and a bit about yourself. If you want to apply but you’re not sure you meet the criteria, drop us an email anyway – we’re happy to answer any questions.
No recruitment agencies please.
If you’d like to discuss your startup or project, get in touch with Simpleweb today.