We’re looking for a conscientious and open-minded back-end developer to join our team of coders, creatives and entrepreneurs.
This would particularly suit someone who’s interested in taking on a leadership role within small teams and feels ready to hit the ground running with support from our CTO.
We’re open to hiring those with wide-range of tech skills and experience but ideally you can tick of most of the essentials:
- Excellent engineering and problem solving skills
- An exceptional understanding of the web and its protocols
- Proficient in at least one of the following: Ruby, PHP, Python, Obj. C, Swift, C#, Go
- The desire to continually learn new languages and skills
- A good understanding of database theory
- At least 3 years back-end experience and ready to take on a leadership role
- A portfolio of personal or open source projects that demonstrate breadth of skill and a passion for developing code
- Understanding of various server technologies such as AWS, Ansible, Docker
- React and React Native
- Happy to and confident in communicating with clients in writing, online and face to face
We work with some brilliant startups, working on projects with real purpose – including OLIO, the app that’s tackling global food waste – and try to ensure we’re only working with corporate businesses when our values truly align.
For you this will mean working with some talented and passionate people – and influencing both the design and function of products that have huge positive potential for both people and planet.
We love nothing more than to nurture talent and respect that different brains work in different ways. That said, you’ll regularly find us experimenting with new ways of doing things and our ears will always prick up at your ideas, big or small.
You’ll find that the team has some wide-ranging personal interests too so, when we’re not geeking out about tech and design, we’re never short of mind-expanding topics to mull over. We like to think this stimulates some of our most wacky and wonderful ideas, both in the office and out.
We’re not all words and no substance though and have recently been awarded the accolade of Employer of the Year by the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) for our commitment to team culture and personal development.
Come and be a part of it all!
- Salary negotiable based on experience
- Non-Christian holidays respected
- Investment Profit Share Shares
- Private medical insurance
- A shared parental leave & pay policy
- Pension scheme
- Personal development budget
- Opportunity for sabbatical
- 25 days annual leave
If you like the sound of this, get in touch with your CV and a bit about yourself. If you want to apply but you’re not sure you meet the criteria, drop us an email anyway – we’re happy to answer any questions.
No recruitment agencies please.
If you’d like to discuss your startup or project, get in touch with Simpleweb today.