*Deadline for applications extended* to midnight on Sunday 7th July 2019
Are you interested in a career in blogging, content creation, journalism or social media in the tech industry?
We have an exciting new opportunity for a work experience intern to come and join Content Manager Alice for one week at our central Bristol office.
This certainly won’t involve making any cups of tea or sorting through filing cabinets. If you’re selected, we will tailor the week to you, your interests and the things you’re most keen to learn.
Maybe you’ve always loved writing stories and want to know how you can translate that into the working world. Perhaps you’d like to learn how to design and write a newsletter. Or you’re a lover of social media but have never had an opportunity to have a go on behalf of a business.
We’re looking for someone who’d like a leg up into the tech industry through a more creative route and who’s willing to be brave and try new things, with a mentor on hand for support.
What you need
- Enthusiasm, curiosity and openness to new experiences
- To be aged 18+ on the week of the work experience (we may consider school-age applicants next year, so do keep an eye out then)
- Availability for at least one week between Monday 5th and Friday 16th August
What you don’t need
To be an expert! Don’t worry if you’ve not done any of this stuff before, we’ll teach you the things you need to know. We’re super friendly here so even if you’re feeling a bit shy, we’d love for you to apply.
How to apply
To apply, please email 200-300 words to Alice on why you’d like to take part, what your interests are around creative content and social media in the tech industry and what you’re hoping to get out of the experience.
Don’t worry about being too formal, we just want to get to know you so that we can pick the person we think will get the most out the experience.
- Application deadline: Sunday 7th July
- Shortlisted applicants online interviews: Early July
- All applicants will receive feedback by: Friday 12th July
- Date of work experience: One week between 5th and 16th August
The placement is unpaid work experience, although we will provide lunch each day.
If you have any other questions, please email email@example.com.
If you’d like to discuss your startup or project, get in touch with Simpleweb today.