We are looking for great engineers to join our world-class team in Bristol. If you are ready for a challenge, we want to hear from you…
Simpleweb isn’t a typical web agency, you could say that we’re more of a software house… We develop web and mobile technology for startups (and the occasional forward thinking big business) and we’re building up a successful portfolio of investments too, putting us firmly in the tech incubator world. This means lots of exciting projects with technical challenges, real engineering problems to solve and client relationships (that you will get involved with) that aren’t merely measured by £ in the bank.
As well as the development work we do for our clients we also love to create our own SaaS-based products. You’ll play an active role in their development and be an integral part of the company’s success (as the share options we’ll offer you will reflect!). You’ll work in small teams on a variety of cool products that will keep your minds fresh and fingers nimble.
The tech we use includes Ruby/Rails, PHP (Zend), JS/Coffeescript, Node.js, MySQL, Mongo, Redis, Chef/Vagrant, cloud based services and more! You want to stay at the cutting edge? Join our team and enjoy the challenges.
Our developers love what they do and it’s quite common for them to be hacking away on their own projects when they’re not at work. We hope you have the same developer mentality.
While we all work hard, we like to rewards ourselves when we hit our targets. In the past, we’ve killed zombies with Zed Events and held our Christmas party in Amsterdam. We also provide daily healthy homemade sandwiches and soups!
We’re looking for a great developers that understand the importance of good engineering solutions above all else, take pride in what they deliver and enjoy being an active part of a hard working and smart team.
- Sense of humour.
- Passionate about your work.
- Strong communication skills.
- Smart and humble.
- Equal willingness to learn and teach.
- Participate in the planning, analysis, design, development and deployment of products, features and enhancements.
- Build high-performance, scalable applications and APIs.
- Create clean, maintainable and well tested code.
You must have a minimum of 2 years commercial experience in at least some of the following areas:
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
- Experience with MVC development frameworks, test driven development and agile development processes.
- An understanding of database theory with experience of MySQL. Any experience of NoSQL alternatives is a bonus!
- Good understanding of the entire development process, including testing, build, deploy and maintenance.
- Salary negotiable based on experience.
- Company share options.
- Pension scheme.
- Regular days/nights out.
- Lunch provided.
To apply, or ask questions, please drop our Technical Director Tom a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE