Simpleweb is a purpose driven VentureTech company that specialises in new technology, product development, and human interaction. We love solving difficult problems by combining strategy, engineering, and art. Simpleweb Studio One focuses on solving difficult problems around technology and products for people that want to create amazing things.
We’re looking for a conscientious and open-minded full-stack developer to join our team of coders, creatives and entrepreneurs.
We work with some brilliant startups, working on projects with real purpose – including OLIO, the app that’s tackling global food waste – and we only ever work with corporate businesses when our values truly align. For you this will mean working with some talented and passionate people – and influencing both the design and function of products that have huge positive potential for both people and planet.
We love nothing more than to nurture talent and respect that different brains work in different ways. That said, you’ll regularly find us experimenting with new ways of doing things and our ears will always prick up at your ideas, big or small.
We also think it’s extremely important to not remain insular with our skills and knowledge too, so regularly provide opportunities for the team to branch out and use their talents to support and inspire the wider tech community, particularly young people.
You’ll find that the team has some wide-ranging personal interests too so, when we’re not geeking out about tech and design, we’re never short of mind-expanding topics to mull over. We like to think this stimulates some of our most wacky and wonderful ideas, both in the office and out. Come and be a part of it all!
- Excellent engineering and problem solving skills
- A strong understanding of the web and its protocols
- Proficient in at least one of the following: Ruby, PHP, Python, Obj. C, Swift, Go, Rust, Java
- A willingness to learn new languages and skills
- A good understanding of database theory
- Minimum of three years commercial experience as a developer
- An excellent open source or personal project portfolio
- Clear understanding of the development process
- Leading and supporting a small team to delivery of an application or product
- Understanding of various server technologies such as AWS, Ansible, Docker
- React or React Native
- Salary negotiable based on experience
- Flexible working hours (part-time considered)
- Competitive maternity/paternity policy
- Non-Christian holidays respected
- Investment Profit Share Shares
- Private medical insurance
- Pension scheme
- Personal development budget
- Opportunity for sabbatical
- 25 days annual leave
If you like the sound of this, get in touch with your CV and a bit about yourself. If you want to apply but you’re not sure you meet the criteria, drop us an email anyway – we’re happy to answer any questions.
No recruitment agencies please.
If you’d like to discuss your startup or project, get in touch with Simpleweb today.