Simpleweb is a purpose driven VentureTech company that specialises in new technology, product development, and human interaction. We love solving difficult problems by combining strategy, engineering, and art.
We’re looking for a word nerd to create genuinely interesting and inspiring content for the Simpleweb blog and website. Creativity and curiosity are at the core of what we do; our content should reflect this (we’re not after the usual ‘top ten tips’ and stock photography!).
As the Content Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing, creating, and editing content including: blog posts, workshops, social media, events, newsletters, case studies and website copy. You’ll build and maintain close relationships with our wonderful portfolio of startups (they are a pleasure to speak to and fascinating people!) and interview some of the coolest people in tech. You might even provide a bit of advice and support to our startups every now and then.
Our current Content Manager, Kylie, who is moving onto another role within the company says “this is a great opportunity to follow your creative heart and make a big impact on our small company. Simpleweb provides a nurturing environment to learn and grow, as well as the freedom to shape your role.”
You’ll be a bit of a pedant with exceptional attention to detail – no spelling or grammar mistakes will slip by you! You’ll be fascinated by people and their relationship with technology and enjoy staying up to date with new trends. You’ll be able to confidently talk to technical people and translate technical jargon into everyday human speech.
You’ll need to be able to respond quickly to timely content opportunities when they pop up, while maintaining a predictable content strategy.
- Maintaining a regular content schedule, producing blog posts, newsletters and events
- Staying up to date with all projects and maintaining up to date case studies
- Managing content on the Simpleweb website
- Sharing content on social media and exploring other potential avenues for PR
- Communicating with clients and team members to find content opportunities
- Staying up to date on current trends in technology and startups
- Interviewing industry experts for blog posts
- Using Google Analytics to understand and report on the performance of content. Using this data to improve overall content strategy
- Proofreading and editing project proposals and other business critical documents to ensure an outstanding output
Skills and experience
- Exceptional attention to spelling and grammar – we are looking for someone geeky about all things writing
- An understanding and ability to articulate the role of content marketing in growing a business
- WordPress savvy with basic knowledge of HTML
- A good understanding of SEO
- Experience with the following is desirable but not required: podcasting, video creation, Photoshop/Illustrator, event management.
- Salary negotiable with ability to progress
- Bonus/stock/tokens incentive
- Private medical/dental insurance
- Pension scheme
- Personal development budget
- Opportunity for sabbatical
- 25 days annual leave
To apply, please send us a cover letter/email with a bit about yourself, a concise CV outlining your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Where possible, we’d love to see examples of your writing.
No agencies please.