We’re a small elite team of digital product experts. We do things differently. Established in 2006, Simpleweb was one of the first companies in the UK to invest in the startups that it builds products for.
In the last 15 years we’ve launched over 100 products and invested over £1m in startups, covering everything from global food waste, digitising education, to mental and physical health training. Our mission is to help others create a better planet and it shows as these are the type of companies that we attract.
While we’re not quite a DAO yet, we believe that our team should be literally part of the work that we’re doing which is why we allocate 10% of our investments to the team every year. Every employee has a fantasy micro portfolio which they take with them when they leave. We wrote about it in our latest newsletter.
You give a shit. You care about the world, the people in it, and your impact on it. You have experience in dealing with people from all walks of life and your communication skills are exemplary. As problems evolve you’re constantly thinking of solutions and you’re happy to discard an idea or solution as your understanding changes. Your ability to break down and communicate technical, product, and business requirements is natural to you. You are ambitious and have your sights set on building out your own world class product team in the future.
- Establish product vision, business goals, product roadmap and potentially rollout plans for client and internal products
- Pull apart a ‘system’ and communicate how to put it back together again better, faster, leaner
- Work individually or as part of a team (the client is part of the team) to understand business requirements and identify new opportunities
- Conceptualise and design products, services, mechanics, models
- Handle roadmap trade-offs to ensure both the successful delivery of features and that functionality ultimately meets customer and business need
- Promote best practice for product development and lifecycle management
- Previous product manager experience (no project managers or UI designers please)
- Excellent technical and communication skills
- Rapid prototyping, wireframing and product design skills using pen & paper thorough to no-code environments
- Ability to work on multiple projects, prioritise workload and thrive in a dynamic environment across multiple engineering teams
- Ambition, empathy, leadership
Nice to haves:
- Being an avid gamer or game development experience
- An interest or experience in Web3 🦊
- Familiarity with Agile and working in Sprints
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary reflecting experience
- Team socials
- Investment portfolio consisting of any investment that we make. When we receive a return, so do you. 🥳
- Your religious holidays respected
- Private medical insurance
- Shared parental leave & pay policy
- Personal development / conference budget
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Remote working and flexible hours (IRL community is a big deal to us so, when you feel it’s safe, we’d like to see you in the office at least once a month)
Sounds good, what next?
To apply please send your CV and why you feel you’d be a great addition to the team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No GDPR breaking Recruitment Agencies please.
If you’d like to discuss your startup or project, get in touch with Simpleweb today.