We’re a small elite team of digital product experts. We do things differently. Established in 2006, Simpleweb was one of the first companies in the UK to invest in the startups that it builds products for.
In the last 15 years we’ve launched over 100 products and invested over £1m in startups, covering everything from global food waste, digitising education, to mental and physical health training. Our mission is to help others create a better planet and it shows as these are the type of companies that we attract.
While we’re not quite a DAO yet, we believe that our team should be literally part of the work that we’re doing which is why we allocate 10% of our investments to the team every year. Every employee has a fantasy micro portfolio which they take with them when they leave. We wrote about it in our latest newsletter.
You give a shit. You care about the world, the people in it, and your impact on it. You’re a problem solver, have experience in dealing with people from all walks of life and your communication skills are great. You have a strong desire to learn, try new things and you’re not afraid to take risks. You enjoy being part of a team, have entrepreneurial spirit alongside a great sense of humour, a bucket load of common sense and enjoy delivering quality results.
- Create/architect creative solutions with founders and/or product owners
- Clearly document and discuss plans and implementation tasks with clients and team
- Extract and understand requirements and constraints, and technically architect digital product solutions to fit
- Participate in client and team workshops and meetings
- Create estimates and sprint plans
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Peer review other team members code
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Provide written daily updates for the client and team on progress, plans and risks
We love working with the latest technologies and always aim to use the right tech for the job, but our go-to language and framework of choice is PHP and Laravel as it allows us to get stuff done quickly to a high standard and makes it much easier for our customers to hire their own developers in the future.
The team loves helping new team members get up to speed, but there are some requirements that we are looking for to help you hit the ground running:
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a lead developer
- Experience in PHP (Laravel)
- Experience with GitHub and GitHub flow
- Excellent problem solving skills
- The desire to learn new languages, techniques and skills
- An interest in front end development
- Confidence in communicating in writing and face to face (virtually or in person covid permitting)
- Experience in shaping and building new products ideally in a Startup environment
- Enjoy working on multiple projects (not at the same time), ability to prioritise workload and thrive in a dynamic environment
- Care about and be confident in demonstrating the work you produce
Nice to haves
- Experience with front end technologies such as React, or VueJS
- An interest or experience in Web3 🦊
- Ruby on Rails or Node.js (Express & Nest.js) experience (for some of our existing projects and products)
- Familiarity with Agile and working in Sprints
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary reflecting experience
- Team socials
- Investment portfolio consisting of any investment that we make. When we receive a return, so do you 🥳
- Your religious holidays respected
- Private medical insurance
- Shared parental leave & pay policy
- Personal development / conference budget
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Remote working and flexible hours (IRL community is a big deal to us so, when you feel it’s safe, we’d like to see you in the office at least once a month)
Sounds good, what next?
To apply please send your CV and why you feel you’d be a great addition to the team to email@example.com.
No GDPR breaking Recruitment Agencies please.
If you’d like to discuss your startup or project, get in touch with Simpleweb today.