Established in 2006, Simpleweb was one for the first companies in the UK to invest in the startups that it builds products for. In the last 15 years (it’s our 15th birthday this year) we’ve launched over 100 products and invested in over 20 startups covering everything from global food waste, digitising education, to mental and physical health training. We’re a small elite team of people dedicated to constantly improving, embracing imperfection, regular reflection, and searching for the joy in everything that we do.
You give a shit. You care about the world, the people in it, and your impact on it. You have experience in dealing with people from all walks of life and your communication skills are exemplary. You have been learning to code in your spare time or recently qualified and want to level up. You have a strong desire to learn, try new things and you’re not afraid to make mistakes as long as you learn from them. You will be a great team player, have entrepreneurial spirit alongside a great sense of humour, a bucket load of common sense and enjoy delivering quality results.
- Attend and contribute to daily stand ups
- Participate in client and team workshops and meetings
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Peer review other team members code
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Provide written daily updates for the client and team on progress, plans and issues
The Simpleweb team loves helping new developers get up to speed and become elite engineers, but there are some requirements that we are looking for to help you hit the ground running.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Some experience in one or more of the following languages
- Ruby (Rails)
- PHP (Symfony/Laravel)
- NodeJS (Express)
- The desire to learn new languages, techniques and skills
- An interest in front end development
- Confidence in communicating in writing and face to face (virtually or in person covid permitting)
- The ability to demonstrate enthusiasm and initiative
- The ability to work on multiple projects, prioritise workload and thrive in a dynamic environment
- Care about the work you produce
- Obsessive attention to detail with a real passion for quality and testing
Benefits and Perks:
- £20k+ Salary reflecting experience
- Team socials
- Your religious holidays respected
- Private medical insurance
- Shared parental leave & pay policy
- Personal development / conference budget
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Remote working and flexible hours (IRL community is a big deal to us so, when you feel it’s safe, we’d like to see you in the office at least once a month)
Please contact email@example.com
No GDPR breaking Recruitment Agencies please.
If you’d like to discuss your startup or project, get in touch with Simpleweb today.