Established in 2006, Simpleweb was one for the first companies in the UK to invest in the startups that it builds products for. In the last 15 years (it’s our 15th birthday this year ) we’ve launched over 100 products and invested in over 20 startups covering everything from global food waste, digitising education, to mental and physical health training. We’re a small elite team of people dedicated to constantly improving, embracing imperfection, regular reflection, and searching for the joy in everything that we do.
You give a shit. You care about the world, the people in it, and your impact on it. You have experience in dealing with people from all walks of life and your communication skills are exemplary. As problems evolve you’re constantly thinking of solutions and you’re happy to discard an idea or solution as your understanding changes. Your ability to break down and communicate technical, product, and business requirements is natural to you. You are ambitious and have your sights set on building out your own world class product team in the future.
- Establish product vision, business goals, product roadmap and potentially rollout plans for client and internal products
- Pull apart a ‘system’ and communicate how to put it back together again better, faster, leaner
- Conceptualise products, services, mechanics, models
- Work individually or as part of a team (the client is part of the team) to understand business requirements and identify new opportunities.
- Handle roadmap trade-offs to ensure both the successful delivery of features and that functionality ultimately meets customer and business need
- Own the Test agenda
- Promote best practice for product development and lifecycle management
- Previous product manager experience (no project managers or UI designers please)
- Excellent technical and communication skills
- Ability to rapid prototype using pen & paper to no-code environments
- Ability to work on multiple projects, prioritise workload and thrive in a dynamic environment across multiple engineering teams
- Being an avid gamer or game development experience
- Ambition, empathy, leadership
Benefits and Perks:
- £40k+ Salary reflecting experience
- Team socials
- Your religious holidays respected
- Private medical insurance
- Shared parental leave & pay policy
- Personal development / conference budget
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Remote working and flexible hours (IRL community is a big deal to us so, when you feel it’s safe, we’d like to see you in the office at least once a month)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
No GDPR breaking Recruitment Agencies please.
If you’d like to discuss your startup or project, get in touch with Simpleweb today.