Established in 2006, Simpleweb was one for the first companies in the UK to invest in the startups that it builds products for. In the last 15 years (it’s our 15th birthday this year ) we’ve launched over 100 products and invested in over 20 startups covering everything from global food waste, digitising education, to mental and physical health training. We’re a small elite team of people dedicated to constantly improving, embracing imperfection, regular reflection, and searching for the joy in everything that we do.
You give a shit. You care about the world, the people in it, and your impact on it. You have experience in dealing with people from all walks of life and your communication skills are exemplary. You might already be working in digital project management, or in the past you might have been a web designer, UX specialist, QA operative or a programmer now seeking to move into the field. You will be pragmatic, have a passion for digital technology and will not shy away from effectively and confidently managing a range of projects. You will be a great team player, have entrepreneurial spirit alongside a great sense of humour, a bucket load of common sense and enjoy delivering quality results.
- Assist our project managers in the planning and delivery of web and mobile projects to a high quality, on time and on budget through the effective management of clients, people and resources.
- Review and interpret all forms of client and product documentation including business requirements, technical briefs, product roadmaps, wireframes etc.
- Support the team with clear insight into project requirements and expectations, highlighting clients business needs, and critical success and failure points.
- Work with our technical and creative team to get an understanding of the feasibility of solutions and to assist in decision making based on expectations, costs and time.
- Create and update project documents, including estimates, proposals, meeting agendas and notes, sprint plans, task lists and backlogs, progress reports and so on.
- Participate in production scheduling meetings and help communicate changes and impacts to the team and clients.
- Run client and team meetings, video calls and workshops, facilitate friendly and productive client and team discussions and document decisions and actions.
- Work clients and team to define acceptance criteria, produce test plans and carry out quality assurance tests to ensure intended output prior to client delivery for UAT.
- Monitor team and project progress, manage client expectations, solve problems and elevate issues at appropriate times. Effectively manage time and resources for any issues that may arise.
- Assist in the administration and management of other areas of the business as may be necessary, including for example operations, sales and customer support.
- Fantastic and friendly written and verbal communication at all levels.
- Strong planning, organising and logical decision-making skills.
- A reliable self-starter, able to work under minimal supervision, yet willing to ask for help. Also a team player though, eager to help others when they need too.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, prioritise workload and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle and methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, Lean).
- Obsessive attention to detail with a real passion for quality and testing.
- Software and programming knowledge, for example HTML or software testing automation techniques would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Ambition to learn and develop your skills and career in digital project management.
Benefits and Perks:
- £25k+ Salary reflecting experience
- Team socials
- Your religious holidays respected
- Private medical insurance
- Shared parental leave & pay policy
- Personal development / conference budget
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Remote working and flexible hours (IRL community is a big deal to us so, when you feel it’s safe, we’d like to see you in the office at least once a month)
Please contact email@example.com
No GDPR breaking Recruitment Agencies please.
If you’d like to discuss your startup or project, get in touch with Simpleweb today.